The fastest way to find what you are looking for in the Altium Wiki is to do a site search. The Altium Wiki will search all content, including attachments.
On this page:
The quick search feature allows you to search the Altium Wiki wherever you happen to be in the site.
To do a quick search,
By default, the Altium Wiki will search all content in all spaces (global and personal), mail, personal profiles and the space description. The results will appear on a new screen.
The screenshot below shows the results of searching for 'PCB'.
Screenshot : Results of searching for 'PCB'
On the left of the screen you will see a few lines for each item that matched the search criteria, with the following information for each item:
- An icon representing the content type (user profile, space, page, news item, etc).
- The title of the content item.
- The space to which it belongs, displayed in brackets after the title.
- The most relevant few lines of content from within the item. The search terms are highlighted within the content.
- The date when the content item was last modified.
- The labels attached to the item.
You will see only search results from spaces you have permission to view.
On the right of the screen are further options which allow you to tailor or filter your search results. See below.
Filtering your Search Results
The Search screen, pictured above, appears when you do your first search. By default, the Altium Wiki will search all content across the site, including all spaces, mail archives and all other content types.
On the right of the screen are options which allow you to tailor or filter the search results.
Screenshot : Filtering your search results
- Where — Restrict your search results to a particular space, or to your favourite spaces, global spaces or personal spaces.
- What — Restrict your search results to a particular content type (pages, news items, mail, etc).
- When — Restrict your search results to content modified within a particular period of time (today, yesterday, within the last week or within the last month).
- Who — Not currently available in the Altium Wiki.
Clearing your Results and Starting a New Search
Click 'Clear Search' if you want to start a new search, abandoning the search terms and filters you have previously entered.
Advanced Search Syntax
See Advanced Search Syntax for more ways to refine the text you enter into the search box.
Browsing Related Labels
Also on the right of the Search screen, the Altium Wiki will offer a list of labels which are related to your search terms. See the screenshot above.
You can click a label to see all pages and news items tagged with that label.
The Altium Wiki will search the following types of attachments: